Wednesday, November 13 at the Concourse Hotel, Madison, WI
8 am - 9 am: Networking and Light Breakfast
9 am – 3 pm: User Group with Lunch provided ($75 – Registration is Open Now)
Join other WIDS Site Administrators and curriculum champions who, like you, are interested in networking, learning, and sharing best practices with one another. The WIDS User Group provides an opportunity to:
- learn from other users about successful curriculum initiatives
- share software best practices
- network with other curriculum and assessment professionals
- explore upcoming functionality in the software
2019 User Group Agenda
Through panel presentations, showcase projects, and networking activities, learn from other champions about how they are using WIDS. Below is the confirmed agenda for 2019. Take a peek!
- Moving to the Other Side with WIDS: How SWTC Tackled Co-Curricular Assessment featuring Southwest Technical College - Melissa Klinkhammer and Robin Hamel
- Co-Curricular Panel and Roundtable Discussion featuring Madison College – Dr. Robin Nickel; Mid-State Technical College – Trea Kimball; North Central Kansas Technical College – Jennifer Brown and Western Technical College – Nicole Cooksey
- Advising Syllabus featuring Mid-State Technical College – Trea Kimball and North Central Kansas Technical College – Jennifer Brown
- Universal Design for Learning – (UDL): Relevancy of WIDS in UDL featuring Gateway Technical College – Dr. Nancy Chapko
- Teacher Talk: Connecting the What and How of Learning with WIDS featuring Madison College – Aaron Dix and Waukesha County Technical College – Carrie Perock
- The Wichita Wow: How WSU’s Assessment Initiative and the WIDS Solution Wow’d HLC featuring Wichita State University – Trish Schmidt and Misty Taylor
- High Impact Assessment Practices and WIDS featuring Blackhawk Technical College – Lynn Neitzel
- Meet Your New Best Friend: Introducing the new WIDS Syllabus Wizard and Home Screen Interface featuring WIDS -- Terri Johnson
Lodging accommodations are available at the Madison Concourse Hotel. Some great features of the hotel are:
- Free transportation to and from the Madison airport
- Free shuttle, as available, to and from destinations within 1 mile from the hotel
- Easy access and walkability to the state capitol building and University of Wisconsin - Madison student union
- Walking distance to a myriad of excellent restaurants
- Overnight parking for guests is $15 (self-park)
- Parking for the User Group is available in various lots downtown Madison. The State Street Capitol Garage at 214 N. Carroll St. is the closest to the hotel.
A block of rooms has been set aside for WIDS User Group and Workshop attendees for Tuesday - Thursday 11/12 - 11/14/19. The negotiated rate is $149. Click here if you are a General Attendee.
For attendees who work at a WTCS College, the hotel has a negotiated state rate; state identification is necessary upon check-in. Click here if you are a WTCS WIDS Attendee.
The block rates are available until midnight 10/14/19 or until our reserved block of rooms have been booked. Feel free to contact the hotel at 800-356-8293 for additional room information.