WIDS Learning Design Consultant
The Wisconsin Technical College System Foundation (WTCSF) is seeking a skilled instructional designer with experience facilitating groups and managing projects to join the Worldwide Instructional Design System (WIDS) Team.
A WIDS Learning Design Consultant is responsible for providing comprehensive instructional design and project management services to 2-year college, university, K-12, business, industry, and government clients. In addition, the WIDS Learning Design Consultant contributes to the on-going design and continuous improvement of WIDS products/services and assists with WIDS marketing. The WIDS Learning Design Consultant will employ the principles of customer focus, continuous improvement, and employee participation as a member of the WIDS team.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter, résumé, and curriculum sample, as described below, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 18, 2016. All documents should be submitted as PDF files.
The successful candidate will submit a curriculum sample that illustrates their ability to develop curriculum that exemplifies performance-based learning principles as detailed in the WIDS Instructional Design Model. (See Sample Course Outcome Summary: Intro to Radiography.)
The sample should include a course outcome summary (course outline), one or more learning plans with teaching notes, and one or more performance assessment tasks or rubrics.
- Ability to design and to guide others in the design and planning of performance-based learning and assessment
- Ability to use and to teach the WIDS model and software to design courses and programs
- Ability to facilitate focus groups, meetings, and collaborative design activities both face-to-face and virtually using online meeting technologies
- Ability to work with others in a participatory team environment
- Ability to work independently - organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work
- Strong written, listening, and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency with computer technology and applications such as Windows, MS Office applications (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet browsers, Internet search engines, social media, and Internet communication/networking tools
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new software applications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Three or more years of instructional design and/or teaching experience at a two-year college, K-12 school, university, government, or business and industry
- Ability to travel nationally (and internationally on occasion) approximately 15%-25% of the time
The Wisconsin Technical College System Foundation, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit corporation based in Madison, Wisconsin. WIDS is a division of the Foundation. WIDS Learning Design Consultants report to the WIDS Director. This position will be based at the Wisconsin Technical College System Foundation Office in Madison, Wisconsin. An option to work from another location may be available at the employer’s discretion. This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on skill, experience, and qualifications. Benefits include:
- Health insurance plan or payment in lieu of health coverage
- Paid sick leave, holidays, and vacation
- Flexible spending benefits / section 125 plan
- Group long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Payment (currently 11.8% of base compensation) in lieu of retirement plan