Why WIDS for Nursing Programs
There are many aspects to a well-developed nursing program. Conceptual frameworks, program philosophy, outcomes, courses, clinical experiences and linked nursing standards are all necessary components to your curriculum. But, how do you keep it all straight? You may have all of the documentation, but where is it housed and is it accreditation-ready? How do you account for continuous improvement of student learning?
WIDS is a powerful online software supporting the design, alignment, and management of your nursing curriculum.
DEVELOP MEASURABLE OUTCOMES
- Design model and process in WIDS supports criteria outlined in nursing standards..
- Create outcomes at every level : college-wide, general education end-of-program and course.
- Layout criteria for assessment. Use pre-defined performance criteria to build rubrics and scoring guides.
ALIGN STANDARDS AND OUTCOMES FOR PROGRAM VALIDATION
- Map NCLEX, ANA, and other standard sets to ensure standards are addressed.
- Thread end-of-program outcomes to courses where they are taught and assessed.
- Thread college-wide and general education outcomes through-out courses.
EVALUATE NURSING PROGRAMS
- Build program assessment plans around program outcomes.
- Find gaps in assessment success and develop strategies for curriculum continuous improvement.
MANAGE NURSING CURRICULUM
- Manage curriculum revision and approval.
- Assign common syllabus guidelines and grading information to courses.
- Generate, archive, and share WIDS documentation.
Download a free copy of our Sample Nursing Documents packet. Contact WIDS for more information about our software and consulting services.