Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Faculty and administration have used WIDS to support the process for sound instructional design since 1994. It's ease of use, accessibility to current curriculum, and the management of curriculum integrity are some of the reasons why NWTC has been a long-time client of WIDS.
"WIDS enables NWTC central access to course and program outcomes, establishing a sound foundation for consistent instruction, assessment, and quality planning of courses and programs," says Valerie Bielinski, NWTC Learning Solutions Instructional Design Consultant.
To date, NWTC uses the following features in the WIDS Curriculum Management System:
- Course Outcome Summary design
- Syllabus development
- Submitted college-wide syllabi
- Program Design
- Matrix Reports (curriculum maps)
- Review and Approval function
- Multiple built-in libraries of re-usable content/data
- Report Central administrative reports
- Custom fields
- Managing project status