Relying on theoretical principles of performance-based learning, WIDS is a state-of-the-art application for creation of thoughtful curriculum. For over 17 years, we’ve provided tools and services in curriculum development. We have a proven development history that includes user and best practice input, expert developers, and most importantly, a solid foundation on how learners learn and what makes “good” curriculum.
Built around current research in performance-based learning, the WIDS model continues to promote defining expectations in terms of learning outcomes. We’ve always referred to theoretical foundations in adult learning theory, transfer of learning, and “deliberate use of backward design” as quoted in our whitepaper. WIDS continues to reflect these same powerful concepts—a unique foothold in the current market.
WIDS is a powerful platform that supports the access, branding, and consistency of curriculum across your entire organization.
Centralize program and course content
· Find any course through simple title or number search
· Secure college owned program and course data so it is consistent across the institution
· Manage learning materials (presentations, case studies, assessments) and share them with every instructor teaching the course)
· Create and disseminate assessment rubrics
Streamline course syllabi creation and archiving
· Create course syllabi incorporating approved course information—no more incorrect course descriptions
· Enforce consistent college guidelines and syllabus templates
· Approve and archive submitted syllabi
Simplify curriculum review
· Document feedback from reviewers
· Keep the team in the loop with automatic email notifications
· Approve curriculum change and control “go live” dates
Plan for curriculum improvement
· Create program effectiveness and continuous improvement plans
Meet accreditation requirements
· Document student learning outcomes
· Thread college wide outcomes into courses across the college
· Develop curriculum maps
· Save reports online for easy access
Integrate with other systems
· Import data to WIDS
· Export data from WIDS to use on websites, college catalogues or a learning management system
For questions on how you can acquire WIDS, email Robin Nickel or call (800) 677-9437.
Click here to download a brochure about WIDS.